37 Hours per week Term Time + 12 additional days
Salary: £18,327 pro rata
Permanent (subject to Probationary Period)
If you enjoy working with children/young people, have experience with material and procedures subject to COSHH Regulations, are a self-starter, have basic ICT/clerical skills and have good organisational skills, then we would welcome your application for the post of Science Technician. Duties will include (but not be limited to):
• Support teachers and students during practical work, to include setting up demonstrations and experiments, providing advice to pupils in the development of their tasks, including the safe operation and demonstration of equipment
• Oversee the work of small groups of students engaged in practical tasks, as requested by the head of department and under the supervision of the classroom teacher
• To monitor and ensure that all classrooms are tidy and stocked with teaching materials on a ½-termly basis
• Prepare materials, equipment and teaching aids for classroom use, at the direction of the head of department
• To tidy up and clean materials and equipment, including breakages and spillages, so as to ensure a safe and hygienic working environment at all time
• To check deliveries of resources and equipment, ensuring safe and secure storage
• To operate a system of stock control
• Assist with exhibitions, displays and demonstrations
• To be familiar with and advise staff and pupils in relation to health and safety guidelines (CLEAPPS / COSHH)
• To assist in preparing standard solutions, purifying chemicals and treating chemical waste
• Undertake and record risk assessments as requested by the Senior Science Technician
Practical experience of working within a scientific laboratory, ideally from within a school/college environment would be desirable but not essential.
*The closing date given is a guide. We reserve the right to close the post early dependent on the number of applications, so we advise you to submit your application early to prevent disappointment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check.